This home was built around 1895 by a lumber entrepreneur named Perdue. It is a two-story frame end gabled central passage house two piles in depth, featuring a two-tiered wraparound porch on all four sides. It also features four brick exterior chimneys, flush board siding, balustered railing and jigsaw work brackets on the upper porch tier, decorative latticework arches on the first floor elevation, double front and rear doors with sidelights and transoms on both stories, with a one room kitchen wing which joins the rear porch. The home was owned by the Williams family for many years, and is now owned by Jim and Dora Estes.
This home is included in the Furman Historic District that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is located in Furman on CR 59 approximately 0.5 mile north of the intersection of CR 59 and Hwy 21 (GPS coordinates N32.008500,W86.971222).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Source: Furman History Celebration and Driving Tour Brochure (Saturday, April 17, 2010)