The old Jones Mill jail is located in the Frisco City Town Park along with the old Jones Mill Post Office, the J. W. Jones home and an old Frisco Railway caboose. The settlement that became Frisco City was initially called Jones Mill in honor of a local prominent business man who owned a grist mill. The property for the Town Park was donated by J. W. Jones in the year 1913.
This small one-room jail, built during the 1899-1909 time period, is believed to be Jones Mill’s first jail. The jail was moved to the Town Park in 1989 from its original location which was approximately one half mile north of its current location.
The Frisco City Town Park is located beside Highway 21 near downtown Frisco City (GPS coordinates 31.432049, -87.403749).