The old J. W. Jones home is located in the Frisco City Town Park along with the old Jones Mill Post Office, the first Jones Mill one-room jail and an old Frisco Railway caboose. Prior to being named Frisco City, the town was known as Jones Mill in honor of J. W. Jones The property for the Town Park was donated by J. W. Jones in the year 1913.
The Jones home is a two-story Victorian farm-house that was built in 1889 for Rev. and Mrs. James W. Jones. This was the first dwelling at the location of present-day Frisco City. The lumber used to build the house was hauled by wagon from Brewton, AL. Folks from all around came to see the “big house”. Mr. Jones then started a sawmill, a cotton gin, and a grist mill. The community grew and Jones Mill was incorporated in 1909. The name of the town was changed to Frisco City in 1928 to celebrate the arrival of the Frisco Rail Company.
Frisco City’s Town Park is located near downtown at the intersection of Highway 21 and Mulberry Street (GPS coordinates 31.431710, -87.404030). The Jones home is located on the back side of the park.
Source: Monroe County Museum & Historical Society Quarterly, Volume 2, Number 3, Frisco City, Fall 1988.