The Horn-Jones-Sadler law office was built around 1846. It is a one-story, shotgun structure with a gabled end portico. The building contains Victorian alterations which include Eastlake colonnettes and segmental–arched door and windows. During the late 1800s, this was the law office of General Richard C. Jones. In addition to practicing law, Jones served as a brigadier general in the State Militia, a member of the State Senate, President of the University of Alabama (1890-1897), and a member of the 1901 Alabama Constitutional Convention.
In 1937, this building was photographed and documented in the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS). It is a contributing property to Camden’s Wilcox County Courthouse Historic District that’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). This building is located at downtown Camden, AL across the street from the old Wilcox County Courthouse at the intersection of Court Street and Water Street (GPs coordinates 31.991689,-87.288957).
Sources: 1) NRHP “Wilcox County Courthouse Historic District” Registration Form; 2) The Alabama Catalog, A Guide to the Early Architecture of the State, by Robert Gamble.
B&W photograph courtesy U. S. Library of Congress (HABS), photographer: Alex Bush, date: January 7, 1937.