The Newbern Methodist congregation selected the present site and completed this church in the fall of 1884. (Prior to this time, they held their services in the Presbyterian Church.) The lumber used in the construction of the church building is hand-hewn and mortised. The walnut alter rail in the church is hand-hewn. The pulpit and chairs in the church are those that were donated when the church was erected. The building has a cornerstone at its northeast corner that has facts about the church.
This church is located beside Highway 61 at Newbern, AL (Newbern Methodist Church – Google Maps).
Source: Hobson Bethel Methodist Church Historical Marker (located in front of the church)