This Neo-Classical house was built by Dr. Solon Lycurgus Coleman on a lot he purchased on February 20, 1906. It has a central double leaf entrance with fanlights and sidelights on both the first and second floor. The house has a full height portico with paired Corinthian columns and a main portico with smaller Corinthian columns. Other notable features of this house are the decorative quoins and exterior corbelled chimneys.
This house is included in Uniontown’s Historic District listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is located on the north side of Franklin Street approximately 0.2 mile east of the intersection of Franklin Street and Highway 80 at Uniontown, AL (32°27’05.3″N 87°31’03.4″W – Google Maps).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Sources: 1) Perry County Heritage Vol. II; 2) the Uniontown Historic District document