This small two-story brick building is referred to as the Old Sheriff’s Office and the Grand Jury Room. It is located on the northeast corner of Eutaw’s Old Courthouse Square and is identified by a bronze plaque that gives 1842 as the completion date of the building. It is included in the Greene County Courthouse Square District that was added to the National Register of Historic Places on December 31, 1979.
Source: Walking and Driving Guide to Historic Eutaw, Alabama, prepared by the Greene County Historical Society
Date Posted: 1/13/11