This small brick building, known as the “Boddie Law Office” is one of the few remaining buildings in Dayton, AL. It was built by Oliver B. Boddie and his brother, John E. Boddie around 1858. These brothers were graduates of the Cumberland School of Law in Tennessee and both owned large plantations near Dayton. This building was listed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage on September 9, 1977. It now serves as the Dayton Town Hall and voting house.
This little building is located next to Highway 25 in Dayton beside the Methodist Church (GPS coordinates N32.349861,W87.641806).
Source: The Heritage of Marengo County, Alabama (Ruth Simmons Allen)