Advanced Search

Close Search

Isaac Creek Park & Campground (located in west Monroe County on the Alabama River)

This beautiful park is maintained by the US Army Corp of Engineers.  It has the setting to accommodate most types of outdoor activities – camping, picnicking, bird watching, bike riding, walking, fishing…  The park features an array of campsites, group picnic shelters, boat ramps, courtesy docks, playgrounds, foot trails and even a softball field.  It is a featured Piney Woods birding site on the Alabama Birding Trails. Pictures that are included provide a flavor of what this park has to offer.  (Campground Phone: 251-282-4254).

The Isaac Creek Park and Campground is located in west Monroe County on the Alabama River at the Claiborne Lock and Dam.  GPS coordinates of the entrance to the campground are N31.621694,W87.549889.

Source:  Isaac Creek Campground Brochure

9/25/10

 

Similar Attractions

Monroeville - Mural of To Kill A Mockingbird Mob Scene_3 (4)cccb5-z800

Mural of Mob Scene in “To Kill A Mockingbird” at Monroeville, AL

This mural was painted by Baldwin County artist, William Harrison.  It depicts the fictional scene in Monroeville native Harper Lee’s classic, “To Kill A Mockingbird.”  In the scene, Atticus Finch is pictured with daughter Scout, son Jem, friend Dill, and Mr. Cunningham and members of the mob, in a Maycomb street scene. This mural is […]

More Info
Frisco City Park (House)_2 (5)-rc-691

J. W. Jones Home at Frisco City, AL (1889)

The old J. W. Jones home is located in the Frisco City Town Park along with the old Jones Mill Post Office, the first Jones Mill one-room jail and an old Frisco Railway caboose.  Prior to being named Frisco City, the town was known as Jones Mill in honor of J. W. Jones  The property […]

More Info
Monroeville - Monroe County Public Library_1 (8)bscfclb-z-1413

La Salle Hotel at Monroeville, AL (now the Monroe County Public Library)

At this location prior to the construction of this building, there was the Commercial Hotel which was a wood-frame building.  In 1939, this old building was demolished and replaced with a new brick building.  The hotel was sold in 1952 and new management changed its name to the La Salle Hotel.  Many dignitaries visited the […]

More Info
%d bloggers like this: