This office was built circa 1834 by Judge John Gates Creagh who was an attorney, commissioner, county treasurer, judge of county orphans court and state legislator. It was originally located on Lot 15 Court Street in Grove Hill facing the county court house. The building was moved in the mid 1930′s to Clarke Street for use as a residence. In 1990, it was given to the Clarke County Historical Society by the Gilmore family, in memory of the late Attorney Wyman Gilmore, and moved to its current location at the Clarke County Museum. This historic building is now the home of the Grove Hill Area Chamber of Commerce.
The Creagh Law Office is located on Jackson Street near downtown Grove Hill (GPS coordinates N31.710500,W87.776806).
Source: The Creagh Law Office Historical Marker, erected by the Clarke County Historical Society